Questions and Answers
Table of Contents
- Who manages the Canada Business Ontario service?
- What are the reasons behind this transfer?
- When did this transfer take place?
- Is Canada Business Ontario still a member of the Canada Business Network?
- I have a business in northern Ontario, do I still contact Canada Business Ontario?
- How do I contact Canada Business Ontario now?
- How do I get more information on the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario?
- I already have a relationship with FedDev Ontario. Do I just deal directly with the Agency now?
1) Who manages the Canada Business Ontario service?
Effective June 6, 2013, Canada Business Ontario was transferred from Industry Canada to the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario).
2) What are the reasons behind this transfer?
The transfer brings Canada Business Ontario in line with the national Canada Business Network model. Regional Development Agencies already manage all other service centres across the country. With the Canada Business Ontario transfer to FedDev Ontario, the reporting structure is now consistent with all Canada Business Network service centres.
In 2009, FedDev Ontario was established to help mitigate the economic challenges in southern Ontario. As part of its mandate, the Agency is responsible for economic and community development, economic diversification while also contributing to the success of communities, businesses, educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations. Integrating the Canada Business Ontario team into FedDev Ontario will further strengthen their activities in support of entrepreneurs as well as promote information sharing with all partners.
3) When did this transfer take place?
The transfer took effect June 6, 2013.
4) Is Canada Business Ontario still a member of the Canada Business Network?
Yes. The transfer from Industry Canada to a Regional Development Agency brings Canada Business Ontario in line with the national Canada Business Network model. All other Canada Business Network service centres across the country already report to a Regional Development Agency.
Canada Business Ontario still reports to the network, through its new Managing Partner, FedDev Ontario.
5) I have a business in northern Ontario, do I still contact Canada Business Ontario?
Yes. While the Agency’s mandate is focused on improving the lives of businesses, workers and communities in southern Ontario, it is also responsible for delivering a number of programs – including Canada Business Ontario – across the province on behalf of the Government of Canada.
6) How do I contact Canada Business Ontario now?
You can reach Canada Business Ontario through this Contact Form or by calling 1-888-576-4444 to speak with a business information officer in English or French, weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Our agents will connect you with the government services you need to start, run or grow your business in Ontario.
7) How do I get more information on the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario?
You can reach FedDev Ontario by email or by phone at 1-866-593-5505.
For Community Futures Development Corporations
8) I already have a relationship with FedDev Ontario. Do I just deal directly with the Agency now?
Canada Business Ontario is a one-stop source for information on government services for business – from start-up, financing, growth to regulatory compliance. You should continue to contact Canada Business Ontario directly for information on starting a business, government financing programs, exporting, taxation or how to hire employees. Canada Business Ontario also offers customized searches for business planning and market research on topics such as: Sample Business Plans; Canadian Demographic Information; Consumer Spending Data; Contacts for suppliers, manufacturers and distributors; and even International Trade Data. Whether you’re starting a new business, growing an established company or adapting to the changing economic landscape, Canada Business Ontario is your business information connection.
You should continue to deal with FedDev Ontario on all matters directly related to the Agency.
- Date modified: