Archived — Minister Goodyear Meets with Food and Beverage Stakeholders in Belleville
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
January 23, 2014 – Belleville, Ontario – Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
FedDev Ontario Minister of State Gary Goodyear, along with MP Daryl Kramp, was in Belleville yesterday to highlight Agency funding opportunities available for local food and beverage processors.
With more than 3,000 food and beverage processing businesses located in Ontario, this sector is a key contributor to Ontario's and Canada's economy.
More than $530 million is available through FedDev Ontario's new Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives, aimed at retaining, attracting and growing businesses in southern Ontario to increase the region's global competitiveness.
Additional funding is also available through the $200-million Advanced Manufacturing Fund in Ontario and the $48-million renewed Eastern Ontario Development Program.
- To date, FedDev Ontario has committed more than $41 million in 51 food and beverage processing-related projects in southern Ontario, as well as nearly $5.5 million in 131 projects through partners such as the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters, the Yves Landry Foundation and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce. This has leveraged a total of more than $305 million.
- Locally, this includes investments in organizations such as Vantage Foods.
- Since its creation in August 2009, FedDev Ontario has invested more than $1.1 billion, resulting in partnerships with more than 5,300 organizations and more than $1.5 billion in additional leveraged investments from almost exclusively non-government sources to support businesses, organizations and communities in southern Ontario.
"Our Government recognizes the key role that the food and beverage processing sector plays in our economy, especially here in Belleville. We are committed to ensuring that FedDev Ontario's programming meets the needs of businesses in this sector, helping them to grow and become more competitive."Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for FedDev Ontario
"Belleville is a hub of activity for the food and beverage processing sector, and I'm pleased that Minister Goodyear has come here to meet with local stakeholders and talk about industry challenges and opportunities."Daryl Kramp, Member of Parliament for Prince Edward–Hastings
- Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives
- Advanced Manufacturing Fund
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Gary Goodyear
- Date modified: