Archived — Durham Region Stakeholders Learn About New Federal Funding Opportunities
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
Minister Goodyear Meets with Community Leaders in Clarington
January, 23, 2014 – Clarington, Ontario – Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
FedDev Ontario Minister of State Gary Goodyear, along with MP Erin O'Toole, was in the Municipality of Clarington today to highlight Agency funding opportunities available for the region's businesses and communities.
More than $530 million is available through FedDev Ontario's new Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives, aimed at retaining, attracting and growing businesses in southern Ontario to increase the region's global competitiveness.
Funding is also available through the $200-million Advanced Manufacturing Fund in Ontario. In addition, $48 million is available through the renewal of the Eastern Ontario Development Program.
- Since its creation in August 2009, FedDev Ontario has invested more than $1.1 billion, resulting in partnerships with more than 5,300 organizations and more than $1.5 billion in additional leveraged investments from almost exclusively non-government sources to support businesses, organizations and communities in southern Ontario.
- The Agency received renewed funding of $920 million as a result of Economic Action Plan 2013. Beginning April 1, 2014, the Agency will focus on: building on its successes, co-investing in world-class innovation platforms, commercializing that innovation, creating an entrepreneurial environment with access to financing; and creating prosperity by boosting productivity and diversification.
"Our Government is aware of the important role that Durham's businesses, academic institutions and communities play in southern Ontario's economy. Through FedDev Ontario we are committed to delivering programming that meets the needs of individuals in this region, helping them to grow and become more competitive."Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for FedDev Ontario
"Durham is a critical part of the economy in southern Ontario with diverse industries and tremendous potential. I'm pleased that Minister Goodyear joined us today to hear from employers in our community and share information on how the federal government is supporting employment and investment in our region."Erin O'Toole, Member of Parliament for Durham
- Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives
- Advanced Manufacturing Fund
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Gary Goodyear
- Date modified: