Archived — 2014–15 Report on Plans and Priorities
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
2014–15 Supplementary Information Tables
Greening Government Operations
Strategies / Comments
- Approach: The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) will target the use of PWGSC procurement instruments, the delivery of training to key personnel and the inclusion of green procurement objectives in the employee performance evaluations of key decision makers. The scope of implementation activity will include the Kitchener headquarters and other Agency offices.
- Management Processes and Controls: FedDev Ontario will use PWGSC procurement instruments as its primary procurement mechanism when such mechanisms are available, and leverage the environmental considerations incorporated into these standing offers by PWGSC. Furthermore:
- In 2014–15, FedDev Ontario's procurement procedures will be reviewed to ensure inclusion of environmental considerations where possible; and
- The Statement of Work, Request for Proposal and Request for Standing Offer templates used for contracting for services will be reviewed to identify opportunities to update and improve environmental considerations.
These management processes and controls will be selected through an analysis of the Agency's decision-making processes and controls. The analysis will be conducted to identify those processes and controls that should include environmental considerations and referenced PWGSC's Guideline for Integrating Environmental Considerations into Departmental Procurement Management Frameworks.
- Setting Targets: In addition to commitments identified in ii., iv., and v., FedDev Ontario will have the following targets:
- Ensure that purchases will be made through PWGSC consolidated procurement instruments, when such instruments are available.
These targets were selected through an analysis of the Agency's spending, in consideration of the Agency's mandate and the nature of the Agency's purchases.
- Training: FedDev Ontario will ensure that all existing procurement and materiel management functional specialist staff will take the CSPS course C215 (Green Procurement) by the end of the fiscal year (2 employees in total). All new Procurement Services' staff will take CSPS course C215 within one (1) year of being hired, if they had not previously taken the course. Additionally, Green Procurement considerations will be included in the Procurement Training course, which will be available to all employees.
- Performance Evaluations: An objective to take environmental considerations into account for all procurement activities will be included in the performance management agreement of the Manager, Corporate Administrative Services and the Senior Procurement officer.
- Date modified: