Archived — Ontario Economic Developers Learn About New Federal Funding Opportunities
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the "Contact Us" page.
February 6, 2014 – Toronto, Ontario – Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
FedDev Ontario Minister of State Gary Goodyear spoke to Ontario economic developers this morning to outline new federal funding opportunities available to help position the province's businesses to compete in the global marketplace.
In an opening address at the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) 57th Annual Conference and Showcase, the Minister also highlighted how the public and private sectors should work together to drive innovation and increase productivity, contributing to the region's economic prosperity.
Since 2009, FedDev Ontario has been playing the roles of co-investor, collaborator, convenor and champion with southern Ontario communities, businesses and not-for-profit organizations to actively promote the region and build a strong foundation of long-term economic growth.
FedDev Ontario launched a series of funding initiatives in December 2013. More than $530 million is available through the Southern Ontario Prosperity Initiatives, aimed at retaining, attracting and growing businesses in southern Ontario to increase the region's global competitiveness. More than $200 million over five years is also available through the Advanced Manufacturing Fund in Ontario, aimed at the development of transformative products and technologies to help Ontario manufacturers create jobs and compete with the rest of the world.
- Businesses, not-for-profit organizations, post-secondary institutions and angel organizations can apply now for funding through a series of initiatives delivered by FedDev Ontario.
- Since its creation in August 2009, FedDev Ontario has invested more than $1.1 billion, resulting in partnerships with more than 5,300 organizations and more than $1.5 billion in additional leveraged investments from almost exclusively non-government sources to support businesses, organizations and communities in southern Ontario.
"Our Government is aware of the impact that partnerships have on the success of Ontario's economic developers. Through FedDev Ontario, we are committed to delivering programming that meets the needs of this region's businesses and communities, giving them the right tools they need to make big ideas happen."Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for FedDev Ontario
- Investing in Business Innovation
- Investing in Commercialization Partnerships
- Investing in Regional Diversification
- Advanced Manufacturing Fund
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Gary Goodyear
- Date modified: