Eastern Ontario Development Program
The Eastern Ontario Development Program (EODP) advances economic development in rural eastern Ontario. Through EODP, FedDev Ontario is collaborating with Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in eastern Ontario and Community Futures Ontario East to promote the growth of new and existing businesses in rural communities.
Through Budget 2013, the Government of Canada demonstrated its continued commitment to workers, families and communities in southern Ontario with the five-year funding extension of the EODP of $48 million.
FedDev Ontario invests this funding through Community Futures Ontario East and the Northumberland CFDC for collaborative EODP, and with the 15 individual CFDCs located in eastern Ontario for local EODP
Who can apply?
Eligible recipients may include:
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Commercial enterprises;
- Aboriginal organizations; or
- Post-secondary institutions.
What activities are eligible?
Projects should focus on business growth, community innovation and/or collaborative economic development.
Projects in the following priority areas will be considered:
- Diversification of Economic Assets (capacity building)
- Industry cluster development and expansion
- Labour market development (skills gap analysis, skills development, worker transition)
- Strategic planning and research studies
- Business Development and Growth
- New business development
- Training & mentoring
- Business start-ups
- Existing businesses
- Productivity enhancements (information and communications technologies, energy, new technologies, productivity assessments)
- Market diversification
- Innovation/product development (research and development)
- Succession planning
- Business Infrastructure
- Business incubators
- Supply chain analysis and development
- New business development
Eastern Ontario Community Futures Development Corporations
- 1000 Islands Community Development Corporation
- Community Futures Development Corporation of North & Central Hastings and South Algonquin
- Frontenac Community Futures Development Corporation
- Community Futures Peterborough
- Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation
- Haliburton County Development Corporation
- Kawartha Lakes Community Futures Development Corporation
- Northumberland Community Futures Development Corporation
- Prescott–Russell Community Development Corporation
- Prince Edward/Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation
- Renfrew County Community Futures Development Corporation
- South Lake Community Futures Development Corporation
- Cornwall and Counties Community Futures Development Corporation
- Trenval Business Development Corporation
- Valley Heartland Community Futures Development Corporation
- Community Futures Ontario East
- Date modified: