All funding for this program has been committed.
The Prosperity Initiative encourages businesses, not-for-profit organizations and post-secondary institutions in southern Ontario to undertake projects that will result in a more productive, diversified and competitive economy in the region.
Under the Prosperity Initiative, there are three streams:
Productivity Enhancement supports activities within southern Ontario including improvements to enhance the productivity of an industry/sector and the adaptation and adoption of new technologies, processes and skills development in an industry/sector leading to significant productivity improvements.
Regional Diversification supports activities within southern Ontario including:
- the creation of new opportunities for economic diversification;
- market development and expansion;
- business attraction to diversify regional or community economies; and
- business expansion supporting greater diversification.
Building a Competitive Advantage for Southern Ontario supports activities to enhance the competitiveness of an industry/sector cluster, such as:
- the adaptation and adoption of new technologies, processes and skills development in an industry/sector;
- technology demonstration and piloting;
- business opportunity development and expansion; and
- facilities improvement or expansion.
Should you have questions or inquiries, please contact us.
- Date modified: