All funding for this program has been committed.
Through Economic Action Plan 2013, the Government of Canada demonstrates its continued commitment to workers, families and communities in southern Ontario with the renewal of FedDev Ontario. Information on future programming will be posted to the website as it becomes available in the coming months.
The Prosperity Initiative encourages businesses, not-for-profit organizations and post-secondary institutions in southern Ontario to undertake projects that will result in a more productive, diversified and competitive economy in the region.
Under the Prosperity Initiative, there are three streams:
Productivity Enhancement supports activities within southern Ontario including improvements to enhance the productivity of an industry/sector and the adaptation and adoption of new technologies, processes and skills development in an industry/sector leading to significant productivity improvements.
Regional Diversification supports activities within southern Ontario including:
- the creation of new opportunities for economic diversification;
- market development and expansion;
- business attraction to diversify regional or community economies; and
- business expansion supporting greater diversification.
Building a Competitive Advantage for Southern Ontario supports activities to enhance the competitiveness of an industry/sector cluster, such as:
- the adaptation and adoption of new technologies, processes and skills development in an industry/sector;
- technology demonstration and piloting;
- business opportunity development and expansion; and
- facilities improvement or expansion.
Should you have questions or inquiries, please contact us.
- Date modified: