FedDev Ontario offers a number of services in the region, tailored to support aspiring and established entrepreneurs and businesses perform at their highest potential.
Accelerated Growth Service: A Federal Initiative for High-growth Canadian Businesses
The Government of Canada recognizes the vital role established growth-oriented firms play in creating jobs and developing the country’s economy. It also recognizes the unique challenges these firms face when trying to innovate, increase their capabilities and succeed in a global market. To better support Canadian businesses through these critical transition periods, FedDev Ontario has come together with other government departments and stakeholders under the Accelerated Growth Service (AGS), an initiative offering a coordinated and client-tailored service model. For inquiries about pursuing AGS, contact Canada Business Ontario.
Participating government organizations:
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Regional Development Agencies (RDAs):
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
- Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Federal Economic Development Initiative for Northern Ontario (FedNor)
- Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Canada Business Ontario
Canada Business Ontario (CBO) is part of the Canada Business Network, a source for information on government services for business — from start-up, financing, growth to regulatory compliance. In Ontario, CBO provides business information and services from both the federal and provincial governments — all at no cost. Whether you're starting a new business, growing an established company or adapting to changes, CBO is your business information connection.
Industrial and Technological Benefits
FedDev Ontario provides support to the southern Ontario aerospace and defence sector and facilitates participation in Canadian defence and security procurement by leveraging opportunities under the Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) policy. With staff dedicated to identifying and promoting regional industrial and technological capabilities, FedDev Ontario’s ITB team can help broker relationships between southern Ontario companies—including small-and-medium enterprises—and defence contractors.
- Date modified: