Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and they have been unable to access other Government of Canada measures.
The Fund, valued at more than $962 million nationally, is delivered by Canada’s six regional development agencies.
In southern Ontario, FedDev Ontario is delivering $252.4 million through the following initiatives:
- $213 million for SMEs facing financial pressure, delivered by FedDev Ontario;
- $39.4 million to provide rural businesses with access to capital and business support, delivered by southern Ontario’s Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs)
- Complete the application form
- Complete the Officer’s Certificate (71 KB)
- Add attachments
Note: All of the above documentation is required for the application to be considered complete.
Need help downloading the Application for Funding?
Eligible applicants for FedDev Ontario funding must:
- Be a Canadian or provincially incorporated business, co-operative or an Indigenous-owned business located in southern Ontario with 1 to 499 full-time equivalent employees;
- Be facing funding pressures with fixed operating costs as a result of COVID-19;
- Have been a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic and plan to continue to operate their business or resume operations;
- Have already applied to other Government of Canada emergency credit relief measures for which they are eligible, as outlined in the program guidelines.
Priority may be given to SMEs in the manufacturing, technology, tourism and other sectors key to the region, that are major employers in small communities or that support the government’s commitment to underrepresented groups.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Funding support for fixed operating costs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, please view the program guidelines.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit at the top of this page.
CFDC funding to support rural businesses with access to capital
To provide targeted assistance to the small towns and communities they serve, CFDCs will assist "main street" businesses, such as retail shops, restaurants and corner stores, etc., and businesses of strategic importance to their communities, with loans up to $40,000.
- Follow the application process provided by your local CFDC.
- Complete the application directly through your local CFDC.
Applicants will not receive RRRF assistance from both their local CFDC and FedDev Ontario. Review the program guidelines to see which stream is right for you and contact us if you have any questions before applying.
Please visit our COVID-19 response page for information on additional support offered by FedDev Ontario and the Government of Canada.
- Date modified: