On November 21, 2014, the Government of Canada, through FedDev Ontario, announced a $20-million partnership with Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) to help you invest in advanced technologies, enhance productivity and expand global competitiveness. The SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth program provides funding for export-oriented manufacturers in southern Ontario to conduct technology assessments and adopt advanced technologies, materials or processes. For more details and to apply, visit www.cme-smart.ca.
Manufacturers looking to invest in skills training should check out the Yves Landry Foundation’s Achieving Innovation and Manufacturing Excellence (AIME) Global Initiative, which was renewed with $9 million from the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), announced on November 24, 2014. Exporting manufacturers in southern Ontario can apply for support to provide employee training related to new technology, new processes or procedures. See if your company is eligible by visiting the AIME Global website.
Ralph Da Costa, Founder, Director and Chief Scientific Officer at Moleculight Inc., demonstrating an innovative handheld medical imaging device for the Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario, and Eve Adams, Member of Parliament, Mississauga-Brampton South.
Professor Jamie McIntyre, George Brown College, the Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), and Bernard Trottier, Member of Parliament for Etobicoke-Lakeshore, touring the new Green Building Centre.
The Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), tours the 2014 Advanced Manufacturing Expo.
- Minister Goodyear Supports Innovative Businesses in the Toronto Area
- Stronger Manufacturing in Southern Ontario
- FedDev Ontario Invests in Angel Organizations across Southern Ontario
- Harper Government Invests in CME Program to Create and Support Manufacturing Jobs Across Southern Ontario
- Supporting Economic Prosperity in the Durham Region
- Harper Government Invests in Windsor-Essex Business Innovation
- Harper Government Helps Keep 750 Jobs in Windsor-Essex
- Minister Goodyear Announces Support for New and Growing Businesses in Waterloo Region
- New Facility Ready to Support Southern Ontario's Green Building Sector
Leveraging Resources to Support Emerging Innovation
Program: Investing in Business Innovation
Funding recipients: Capital Angel Network and eSight
Video length: 2 minutes 38 seconds
- Date modified: