On November 21, 2014, the Government of Canada, through FedDev Ontario, announced a $20-million partnership with Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) to help you invest in advanced technologies, enhance productivity and expand global competitiveness. The SMART Advanced Technologies for Global Growth program provides funding for export-oriented manufacturers in southern Ontario to conduct technology assessments and adopt advanced technologies, materials or processes. For more details and to apply, visit www.cme-smart.ca.
Manufacturers looking to invest in skills training should check out the Yves Landry Foundation’s Achieving Innovation and Manufacturing Excellence (AIME) Global Initiative, which was renewed with $9 million from the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), announced on November 24, 2014. Exporting manufacturers in southern Ontario can apply for support to provide employee training related to new technology, new processes or procedures. See if your company is eligible by visiting the AIME Global website.
Phil McColeman, Member of Parliament for Brant; and The Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) are guided on a tour of Patriot Forge by Mike Malecki, Senior Vice President, Patriot Forge Co.
Professor Jamie McIntyre, George Brown College, the Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), and Bernard Trottier, Member of Parliament for Etobicoke-Lakeshore, touring the new Green Building Centre.
The Honourable Gary Goodyear, Minister of State for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), tours the 2014 Advanced Manufacturing Expo.
- Investing in First-in-Canada Technology, Supporting Ontario's Vital Manufacturing Sector
- MP Dean Allison Announces Important Investment in Niagara Francophone Organization
- MP Galipeau Announces Funding for l'Assemblée de la francophonie de l'Ontario and La Cité to support Francophone economic development in Southern Ontario
- Harper Government Supports Memex Automation Technology to Improve Manufacturing Productivity
- FedDev Ontario Supports Global Growth of Wysdom Software Platform for Mobile Devices
- Ministers Goodyear and Holder, MP Truppe and CME Host Manufacturing Roundtable in London
- Harper Government announces Support for a New Testing and Validation Space for Manufacturers and Entrepreneurs to Accelerate Product Development and Commercialization
- MP Braid Announces Support for Waterloo Companies to Bring New Products to Market
- Minister Oliver and Minister Goodyear Celebrate Launch of Massey Hall Revitalization Project
Leveraging Resources to Support Emerging Innovation
Program: Investing in Business Innovation
Funding recipients: Capital Angel Network and eSight
Video length: 2 minutes 38 seconds
- Date modified: