FedDev Ontario Service Commitment
Our Service Vision
To provide effective, efficient and client-focused programs and services that contribute to a more competitive, innovative, and diversified southern Ontario economy.
FedDev Ontario will serve you in the official language of your choice and is committed to delivering services that are:
- High Quality: You will receive comprehensive information and services delivered by knowledgeable and courteous staff.
- Accessible: FedDev Ontario can be reached by email, phone, fax, and in person. Applicants can submit applications online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Applications can also be submitted by fax or mail. Our website complies with WCAG 2.0 and the UN’s Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Optional Protocol.
- Timely: You can expect our services to be delivered within the timeframes stated in FedDev Ontario's service standards.
The Agency will contact an applicant within 10 business days of receiving an application or a Statement of Intent and will provide an Agency contact that will be available to respond to applicant inquiries.
We strongly encourage you to contact FedDev Ontario at 1-866-593-5505 or TTY: 1-800-457-8466 (hearing impaired) for help with your application and to discuss other government programs that may be applicable to you.
For more information on FedDev Ontario's service standards, please see Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why has FedDev Ontario implemented a commitment related to client contact?
FedDev Ontario is committed to delivering good service to applicants and feels that providing a project level contact gives the applicant the ability to follow up on the status of an application, claim or other inquiry as necessary throughout the life cycle of a project.
2. How much time does it generally take to process an application?
Multiple factors impact the assessment of an application. The Agency aims to process every application as quickly as possible. Each project is assessed against various objective criteria established by each program or initiative. The time taken to assess an application depends on a number of factors including:
- The complexity of the project and completeness of the application;
- Additional regulatory requirements or consultations required;
- The extent to which public funds are available; and
- Whether additional information is needed to properly assess the file.
3. How much time does it generally take to receive payment?
For the majority of recipients, FedDev Ontario reimburses a client for costs that the recipient has incurred with respect to eligible project costs. To reduce the administrative burden associated with payments, FedDev Ontario only requires a sample of invoices and proofs of payment associated with eligible costs.
For example, once a cost has been incurred and paid, the recipient will send a summary list of these expenses to FedDev Ontario who will request a random sample of supporting documentation to substantiate the claim. Once the supporting documentation has been verified, FedDev Ontario will reimburse the recipient for all of the costs submitted.
The time taken to reimburse a client depends on a number of factors including:
- Whether the appropriate documentation is submitted to support a cost, including the clarity of scanned documents;
- Negotiation of amendments to the agreement;
- Timing of responses related to eligibility of certain items; and
- Peak demand periods such as fiscal year end.
- Date modified: