FedDev Ontario service delivery
Our service vision
To provide effective, efficient and client-focused programs and services that contribute to a more competitive, innovative, and diversified southern Ontario economy.
FedDev Ontario will serve you in English or French and is committed to delivering services that are:
- High Quality: You will receive comprehensive information and services delivered by knowledgeable and courteous staff.
- Accessible: FedDev Ontario can be reached by email, mail or phone. Applicants can submit applications online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Applications can also be submitted by email or mail. Our website complies with WCAG 2.0 and the UN’s Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Optional Protocol.
- Timely: You can expect our services to be delivered within the timeframes stated in FedDev Ontario's service standards based on a complete application.
FedDev Ontario service standards: for-profit applications
Acknowledgment of Receipt of Application
FedDev Ontario will acknowledge receipt of an application within two (2) business days of receiving a signed funding application.
FedDev Ontario will provide an applicant with an Agency contact that will be available to respond to inquiries related to their application within 10 business days of acknowledging receipt of the application.
Funding Application Decision
FedDev Ontario will provide a funding decision to an applicant within 90 business days of receiving a complete funding application.
FedDev Ontario will provide payment within 30 business days of receiving a complete claim, including all required claim information, from the recipient.
FedDev Ontario reports on its results annually in its Departmental Results Report.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why has FedDev Ontario implemented a commitment related to client contact?
FedDev Ontario is committed to delivering good service to applicants. Providing a direct contact gives the applicant the ability to follow up on the status of an application, claim or other inquiry as necessary throughout the life cycle of a project.
2. How much time does it generally take to process an application?
Multiple factors impact the assessment of an application. The Agency aims to process every application as quickly as possible. Each project is assessed against various objective criteria established by each program or initiative. The time taken to assess an application depends on a number of factors including:
- The complexity of the project and completeness of the application;
- Additional regulatory requirements or consultations required;
- The extent to which public funds are available; and
- Whether additional information is needed to properly assess the file.
3. How much time does it generally take to receive payment?
For the majority of recipients, FedDev Ontario reimburses eligible project costs that the recipient has incurred, in line with their signed contribution agreements.
Once a cost has been incurred and paid by the recipient, the recipient will send a list of these expenses to FedDev Ontario. Once the supporting documentation has been verified, FedDev Ontario will reimburse the recipient for eligible costs incurred.
The time taken to reimburse a client depends on a number of factors including:
- Whether the appropriate documentation is submitted to support a cost, including the clarity of scanned documents;
- Negotiation of amendments to the agreement;
- Timing of responses related to eligibility of certain items; and
- Peak demand periods such as fiscal year end.
- Date modified: