Regional Innovation Ecosystem
Not-for-profit and community economic development organizations can apply through the Jobs and Growth Fund for priority consideration.
Driving innovation and growth:
- To continue driving innovation and growth in the region, FedDev Ontario has been provided over $1 billion in new funding.
FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Not-for-profit organizations who contribute to fueling an entrepreneurial environment conducive to business innovation and growth.
- Regional economic stakeholders who promote the entrepreneurial talent of underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous peoples and young entrepreneurs.
- Ways to strengthen opportunities and networks for rural businesses to support innovation and growth.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Non-repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project.
Funding is available to:
- Grow and sustain strategic clusters and consortia that support businesses to scale up and commercialize innovative products, technologies and services.
- Enhance the development and reach of business incubators, accelerators, and other organizations, which support entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovative companies with high-growth potential.
- Support projects led by innovation-oriented organizations to increase and promote business productivity and global competiveness, and investment and talent attraction.
- Leverage local advantages, institutions and infrastructure in rural areas.
Examples of projects include:
- Encouraging the first customer for new technologies, products or services.
- Delivering seed funding, mentoring, networking opportunities and other programs and services to enable the commercialization of new technologies by southern Ontario firms.
- Get inspired by reading some of our success stories.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit at the top of this page.
Not the stream for you?
- See what other FedDev Ontario support is available. Review more funding opportunities or visit our business services page.
- Date modified: