Community Economic Development and Diversification
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund is here to support businesses impacted during the COVID-19 crisis. Find out if you are eligible and apply online.
If you are a FedDev Ontario client and COVID-19 is affecting your operations, you may be eligible for deferrals and/or flexible arrangements. Please contact your project officer directly or contact us by telephone.
Support for tourism-dependent communitiesFedDev Ontario is committed to supporting tourism-dependent communities through the COVID-19 crisis. If you are a not-for-profit tourism organization, local economic development office, or municipal/regional/First Nations government or Band Council with a project proposal, you are encouraged to contact FedDev Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org to review available funding options.
Driving innovation and growth:
- To continue driving innovation and growth in the region, FedDev Ontario has been provided over $1 billion in new funding.
FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Businesses or not-for-profit organizations in small communities who are working to develop, diversify and transform their local economies.
- Rural partners to help address the unique economic conditions in small towns and rural communities.;o>
Applications can be submitted for:
- Non-repayable contributions from $250,000 up to $5 million per project for not-for-profit organizations.
- No interest, repayable contributions from $250,000 up to $5 million per project for incorporated businesses, including Indigenous businesses.
Funding is available to:
- Enhance business attraction, investment, retention and employment opportunities in southern Ontario communities.
- Develop and expand collaborative efforts that strengthen regional competitiveness.
- Support regional businesses, hubs and communities with the goal of economic diversification, integration and transformation.
Examples of projects include:
- Creating financing opportunities to reduce risk and enable businesses to make investments in innovative technologies.
- Integrating local businesses into national or global supply chains.
- Get inspired by reading some of our success stories.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit at the top of this page.
Not the stream for you?
- See what other FedDev Ontario support is available. Review more funding opportunities or visit our business services page.
- Date modified: