Economic Development Initiative
The Economic Development Initiative (EDI) is a national program delivered by the regional development agencies across Canada. The program seeks to address the economic challenges and build on the strengths of each region to facilitate sustainable growth in Official Language Minority Communities (OLMCs). The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) delivers EDI in southern Ontario.
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants normally include Francophone or bilingual organizations located in southern Ontario that provide programs or services in French to the Francophone community. This includes:
- Community economic development corporations;
- Not-for-profit organizations and sector associations; and
- Post-secondary institutions that offer full-time programs of study in French.
What activities are eligible?
Business and economic development activities undertaken in French by, or for the benefit of, a Francophone client group. Activities must be incremental or new activities that will increase the services and/or products of an organization and are above and beyond current day-to-day operations or already funded activities.
FedDev Ontario will provide funding to eligible recipients for projects that fall under the following streams:
- Economic Development and Diversification of OLMCs;
- Business and Economic Development within OLMCs; and
- Strategic Community Economic Planning.
Please refer to the EDI Guidelines for information on eligibility.
- Date modified: