Funding opportunities for southern Ontario organizations
Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs) help the Government of Canada deliver on its Innovation and Skills Plan in the regions. RDAs across Canada offer programming to foster the right environment to start and grow businesses and create the conditions for the development of strong, dynamic and inclusive regional innovation ecosystems across the country.
Support for innovation and growth
Support for smaller and rural communities
Support for SME users of steel and aluminum
With over $1 billion in funding, FedDev Ontario is making investments that drive innovation and growth in the region. Of this funding, an initial $100 million will be dedicated to support for smaller and rural communities to continue their vital role in the region’s economy.
In addition, FedDev Ontario is delivering over $39 million in funding through the Regional Economic Growth through Innovation Steel and Aluminum Initiative. This Initiative, delivered by RDAs, will provide $100 million across Canada to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) within Canadian steel and aluminum supply chains to support innovative projects that will enhance productivity and/or competitiveness. To find out more, click here.
To best target our investments and maximize their impact on southern Ontario, we are holding roundtables and seeking feedback from stakeholders in urban and rural areas. Click here to help us shape a stronger southern Ontario and to have your say.
We are now accepting applications under our three simplified funding streams that have been designed to meet the needs of our innovators, job creators and communities.
FedDev Ontario is looking for innovative projects in southern Ontario that will:
- Increase the number of high-growth firms.
- Strengthen key clusters and build on areas of regional innovation strength.
- Increase the commercialization of new and innovative technologies, products or processes.
- Increase business investments in the adoption/adaptation of leading-edge technologies.
- Create and maintain highly skilled jobs.
- Increase the value of exports.
- Promote inclusive growth and participation of traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, Indigenous and young entrepreneurs.
- Strengthen opportunities and networks to drive growth, and support the attraction and retention of businesses and talent to southern Ontario’s smaller communities and rural areas.
Do you have a project that supports these outcomes?
Explore our funding opportunities by clicking below.
Business Scale-up and Productivity
If you are an ambitious company in need of growth funding, click here.
Regional Innovation Ecosystem
If you are a not-for-profit organization looking for funding to increase the innovation capacity of the region, click here.
Community Economic Development and Diversification
If you are a business or a not-for-profit organization focused on economic transformation in your community, click here.
- Date modified: