Regional Relief and Recovery Fund
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and they have been unable to access other Government of Canada measures.
The Fund, valued at more than $962 million nationally, is delivered by Canada’s six regional development agencies.
In southern Ontario, $252.4 million is available through FedDev Ontario.
- Complete the application form
- Complete the Officer's Certificate (71 KB)
- Add attachments
Note: All of the above documentation is required for the application to be considered complete.
Need help downloading the Application for Funding?
Funding through FedDev Ontario
FedDev Ontario is accepting applications for funding from SMEs that meet the following criteria:
- Canadian or provincially incorporated business, co-operative or an Indigenous-owned business located in southern Ontario with 1 to 499 full-time equivalent employees;
- Facing funding pressures with fixed operating costs as a result of COVID-19;
- Have been a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic and plan to continue to operate their business or resume operations;
- Have already applied to other Government of Canada emergency credit relief measures for which they are eligible, as outlined in the program guidelines.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Funding support for fixed operating costs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, please view the program guidelines.
- Start the application process by using the Applicant toolkit.
RRRF funding available through our partners
To provide targeted support to help businesses, sectors and communities particularly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to recover and move toward a more stable future, FedDev Ontario is providing funding to key partners in the region to deliver financial relief and other support through the RRRF. Click the links below to learn more.
If you are a small Ontario main street business seeking support to digitize your operations, register online for support through Digital Main Street, ShopHere, or the Future Proofing Main Street initiative.
If you are an Ontario SME seeking customized advice on digitizing any aspect of your operations, sign up to participate in the no-cost Recovery Activation Program through the Toronto Region Board of Trade.
If you are a destination marketing organization, visit the Tourism Industry Association of Ontario website for more information on the support available.
If you are a women-led SME in eastern Ontario, visit the Northumberland CFDC for more information or to apply for financial support to help with the key costs of reopening.
If you are a women-led SME in southwestern Ontario, visit the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation for more information or to apply for financial support to help with the key costs of reopening.
If you are a SME in a southern Ontario Francophone community, visit the Prescott Russell CDC's website for more information or to apply for financial support to reopen and rebuild revenues.
If you are a not-for-profit or social enterprise in a southern Ontario Francophone community, visit the l'Assemblée de la francophonie de l'Ontario website for more information or to apply for financial relief to sustain operations as the economy gradually reopens.
If you are a SME, not-for-profit or social enterprise in a southern Ontario Francophone community, visit SÉO's website for more information on targeted advisory services to help you pivot your operations for success in the post-COVID-19 economy.
- Date modified: